FAR is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to oversee the daily operations of our office space, which hosts around thirty FAR team members and collaborators.
FAR is a research organization that incubates and accelerates high-potential AI safety research agendas.
In our office space we host a small, high performing community of approximately thirty staff and collaborators working with FAR and a small number of partner organizations. Our members are primarily focused on AI safety (technical, strategy & governance) research, and we also host individuals and organizations that are working to improve the long-term future of humanity in other ways.
About the role
You will report to the Chief Operations Officer and be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office space, including:
- Hosting office tours and running onboarding sessions.
- Building a great office culture through daily interactions with the team.
- Organizing and coordinating events, including board meetings, workshops and events of up to 50 people.
- Providing a high level of customer service to all office members and addressing any concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing contractor relationship, including cleaning, maintenance, catering, stationary, consumables.
- Maintaining accurate records and reports on office operations, which may include financial data, membership information, and occupancy rates.
- Developing and implementing office policies and procedures, such as meeting room booking systems, the office handbook and managing after hours access etc.
- Partnering with our IT and Security teams to meet strict security requirements.
Reasons why you might be a good fit:
- You have a solid understanding of how to run a ‘shared’ office space, including both long-term planning and the day-to-day. You can recommend courses of action to enhance the office environment, and articulate why this action will do so among competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- You have excellent customer service skills, with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- 2+ years of experience (or equivalent) in office management, preferably in a coworking or shared office environment.
- You know your way around Google Workspace.
You will be an employee of FAR AI. (Part-time roles may be a contractor depending on nature of job responsibilities.)
- Location: Berkeley, CA. No remote options.
- Hours: Part-time or Full-time (15-40 hours/week).
- Compensation: $25 to $45 per hour depending on experience and hours. We will also pay for work-related travel and equipment expenses. We offer catered lunch and dinner at our offices in Berkeley.
- Application process: A 30-minute screening call; a 60-minute interview with our management team; paid work trial.
- Deadline: Applications close May 22nd 2023. We are recruiting on a rolling basis and hope to fill this role soon, so please apply as soon as possible to maximize your chances.
Please apply! If you have any questions about the role, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.