This role is now closed. Please see our other opportunities.
FAR is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to oversee the daily operations of our office space, which hosts around thirty FAR team members and collaborators.
FAR is a research organization that incubates and accelerates high-potential AI safety research agendas.
In our office space we host a small, high performing community of approximately thirty staff and collaborators working with FAR and a small number of partner organizations. Our members are primarily focused on AI safety (technical, strategy & governance) research, and we also host individuals and organizations that are working to improve the long-term future of humanity in other ways.
About the role
You will report to the Chief Operations Officer and be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office space, including:
- Hosting office tours and running onboarding sessions.
- Building a great office culture through daily interactions with the team.
- Organizing and coordinating events, including board meetings, workshops and events of up to 50 people.
- Providing a high level of customer service to all office members and addressing any concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing contractor relationship, including cleaning, maintenance, catering, stationary, consumables.
- Maintaining accurate records and reports on office operations, which may include financial data, membership information, and occupancy rates.
- Developing and implementing office policies and procedures, such as meeting room booking systems, the office handbook and managing after hours access etc.
- Partnering with our IT and Security teams to meet strict security requirements.
Reasons why you might be a good fit:
- You have a solid understanding of how to run a ‘shared’ office space, including both long-term planning and the day-to-day. You can recommend courses of action to enhance the office environment, and articulate why this action will do so among competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- You have excellent customer service skills, with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- 2+ years of experience (or equivalent) in office management, preferably in a coworking or shared office environment.
- You know your way around Google Workspace.
You will be an employee of FAR AI. (Part-time roles may be a contractor depending on nature of job responsibilities.)
- Location: Berkeley, CA. No remote options.
- Hours: Part-time or Full-time (15-40 hours/week).
- Compensation: $25 to $45 per hour depending on experience and hours. We will also pay for work-related travel and equipment expenses. We offer catered lunch and dinner at our offices in Berkeley.
- Application process: A 30-minute screening call; a 60-minute interview with our management team; paid work trial.
- Deadline: Applications close May 22nd 2023. We are recruiting on a rolling basis and hope to fill this role soon, so please apply as soon as possible to maximize your chances.